The skin is the largest organ in our body and performs functions as important as protecting ourselves from the outside environment, regulating our body temperature or fighting viruses. That’s why skin care is not only an aesthetic issue, it’s also a health issue.
A healthy skin will always be a beautiful skin and there are some basic steps we must take daily to care for it:
The basis of every routine is good cleansing and using the right products for every skin type. We must clean our skin in the morning and evening every day, whether you use makeup or not. Exposure to external agents such as pollution or environmental dirt, as well as our own sweat, causes it to become dirty and the pores to become clogged. That’s why a good cleaning by the morning and by night is so important.
It is advisable to use an exfoliating mask once a week, with it we will be able to eliminate those first layers of dead cells that the cleaners are not able to eliminate completely and that can clog the pore producing imperfections. Our skin will be much brighter and more receptive to any products we apply afterwards.
The skin needs to be well hydrated to function properly and stay healthy. Skin with lower than normal water levels loses its turgor, its barrier function weakens and becomes fragile and dull. The type of moisturizer you need depends on your skin type.
– Mixed/oily skin should be moisturized with oil-free moisturizers.
– For dry skin you should use oily textures that, apart from moisturizing, will prevent your skin from losing more water.
Protect from the sun
90% of skin aging symptoms are caused by the sun and many other negative consequences. The sun’s rays are cumulative, that is, our skin keeps in its memory its effects throughout your life. Summer, winter, rain or shine, you must be protected… ALWAYS!
A good beauty routine should consist of:
- Cleanser or facial cleanser
- Eye contour
How to apply these advices?
- Cleanse your face, neck and décolleté well with the cleanser that best suits you and your habits.
- Apply the eye contour to the non-mobile part of the eyelid by tapping it over the peri-ocular bone.
- The serum, spread it all over the face, neck and décolleté avoiding the eye contour area.
- Once our skin has absorbed all the serum, we apply the cream or fluid all over the face, neck and décolleté avoiding the eye contour.
- Finish your daily routine with a good sunscreen that protects your skin from UV rays.
Read our category here to know more about care.